Away3D Tutorials Wiki
Welcome to the Away3D tutorials wiki!
What is the Away3D Tutorials Wiki?
The Away3D Tutorials Wiki is a place where anyone in the Away3D community can produce tutorials.
If you’d like to submit a new tutorial, please follow the instructions in Authoring Tutorials on Away3D.com.
You can use the menu on the left to navigate through all our tutorials or use the lists below to view our latest tutorials.
- All Tutorial Entries
- All Tutorial Categories
Other Useful Resources
- The Away3D Forum
- Examples repository on GitHub
Latest Tutorials by Level
Below is a list of the latest community tutorials for the Away3D engine.
- Using A Skybox - A tutorial introducing how to implement the Skybox class and how it works in Away3D 4.x.
- Setting Up Your Scene - This tutorial will give you an introduction to view and scene setup in Away3D 4.x.
- Introduction to Particles - An introduction to particle systems in Away3D 4.x.
- Introduction to Materials - This tutorial will reveal some of the basic principles of materials and shading in Away3D 4.x.
- Interactivity and Tweening - A tutorial demonstrating mouse click interaction and object tweening in Away 3D 4.x.
- Creating 3D games and apps with Away3D 4 and Stage 3D - An introduction to game and app development with Away3D.
- Using sprite sheets in your project - (part 1 Beginner level) An introduction to spritesheet animator.
- Introduction to Mouse Picking - This tutorial presents a detailed look at mouse interactivity in Away3D 4.x.
- Globe Materials Tutorial - This tutorial will guide you step by step in the creation of a realistic Planet Earth scene.
- Away3D and Starling Interoperation - This tutorial details how to use Away3D 4.x to combine 3D (Away3D) and 2D (Starling) content.
- 3DS Max Workflow - This tutorial will show you how you can get animated models from 3DS Max into Away3D.
- Using sprite sheets in your project - (part 2 Intermediate level) An introduction to spritesheet animator.
- Writing Custom Materials 1: Getting Started - This tutorial introduces writing materials from scratch with Away3D 4.x.
- Writing Custom Materials 2: Adding Textures - This tutorial explains how to add textures to your custom materials in Away3D 4.x.
- Writing Custom Materials 3: Simple Lighting - This tutorial explains how to add a light to your custom materials in Away3D 4.x.
Latest Away3D Typescript Tutorials
Below is a list of the community tutorials available for Away3D Typescript
- Away3D TypeScript - Getting Started - A tutorial introducing the Away3D Typescript codebase and walking through teh first steps to setup compilation